Meals Ready to Eat (XMRE)
These Military Grade food kits are the most advanced shelf-stable food in the world. Each XMRE provides a complete nutritious meal anytime, anywhere. Using the included flameless ration heater, you can heat these meals by using a few ounces of fluid, no stove needed! Any water will work as it does not make direct contact with the food.
FEMA (US Federal Emergency Management Agency) has purchased millions of these types of meals because they are perfect for emergency preparedness in case of natural disaster such as floods, power failures and anytime you can’t get into the grocery store. They are also ideal for hunting and camping trips or anyone who works in the field or remote area.
XMREs are 3 course, shelf-stable, ready-to-eat meals developed for feeding military soldiers in the field.
Unlike military MREs however, XMREs are produced with consumers in mind and are available all year long! Get your XMREs when you need them – none of the 6+ month delays like other brands. Each meal pack includes an average of 1200 calories.
XMRE Menu & Contents
Each meal pouch includes:
- Main course (listed below)
- 3-4 Side components (bread item, spread, snack, dessert)
- Beverage mix
- High power, safe to use, flameless meal heater
- Accessory Pack: spoon, napkin, condiment kit, and moist towelette.
Each XMRE comes with 2 each of 6 menus. The current cases include:
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal x 2 (Veg) – 1310 calories/meal
- Cheese Tortellini in Tomato Sauce x 2 (Veg) – 1110 calories/meal
- Chicken Pasta Parmesan x 2 – 1230 calories/meal
- Vegetarian Chili x 2 (Veg) – 1080 calories/meal
- Vegetable Beef Stew x 2 – 1130 calories/meal
- Lentils with Beef x 2 – 1190 calories/meal
*This menu is subject to change.
Every case and meal pouch of XMRE have the pack date (lot number) embossed on the outside. The pouches are high-density, water and tamper proof bags that help give the contents their extended shelf life. Like military MREs the XMRE meals have a 5 year shelf life if stored in temperatures up to 21° C. Unlike other MREs they still have a guaranteed 3 year lifespan between 22-27° C.
You can also freeze an XMRE pouch if necessary. It won’t damage the food inside! Best to avoid repeated re-freezing however as that can increase the chance that the pouch lamination will fail (by a fraction of a percent – but still.)
- Case Dimensions: 15.5 x 11 x 9.5 inches
- Case Weight: 17.5 lbs
- Pallet Size: 48 Units (40 x 48 x 48 inches, 900 lbs)